Punjabi CholeMain coursemeghnapatkar
Medium size Onions chopped
Soaked Chickpeas, boiled
Chole masala 1/2
Medium size Tomatoes mashed
Red chili powder
Ginger garlic paste
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Saute till it crackles.
- Add finely chopped onions and cook till it becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add mashed tomatoes and cook till for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chole masala powder, red chili powder and salt. Stir well.
- Cover the pressure cooker with it's lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- You can see the oil separates out from the gravy. Now add the soaked and boiled chickpeas. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water. Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Spicy and thick Punjabi chole are ready to be served.